Let’s talk about Hydration!
- The benefits of staying hydrated are maintaining regulated body temperature, an increase in energy and brainpower, and a boosted immune system.
- Prolonged dehydration can have negative effects, such as fatigue, muscle cramps, high blood pressure, and more.
Tips for boosting Hydration:
- Think 1 to 1! 1 oz water per pound of body weight. This is a great way to determine the basic amount of water needed, however, due to Arizona’s dry and hot climate, we need additional water to make up for water losses via sweat due to the weather and our physical activity.
- Flavor your water with fruits and vegetables to make it tastier and to get a little snack when you finish drinking the bottle!
- Carry a water bottle everywhere you go. Invest in a reusable water bottle to keep your water cold and fresh while also making an effort to be more sustainable.
- Eat your water by snacking on different fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables have high water content. If you have drinking adequate fluids and increasing your fruit and vegetable intake, you are going to meet your hydration needs.
- Use a water tracking app, like iHyrdate, to keep track of your water intake.
- If you have very physically active or are outside a lot, invest in some hydration multipliers to boost hydration quickly and effectively.